Cookies are text files often containing a unique identifier. Cookies are sent by a web server to a web navigator and then returned to the web server when a browser seeks to access a web page
Cookies may be permanent or temporary. A permanent cookie is a text file sent from a web server to a web browser, which stores it. A permanent cookie remains effective until the expiry date set (unless the user removes it prior to the expiry date). A temporary (or "session") cookie expires when the web browser is closed at the end of the user's browsing session.
GECINA uses temporary and permanent cookies on its website. The cookies we use fall into 4 categories:
Process cookies: These are cookies which are required to browse our website (such as session identifiers), enabling you to use the main functions of the website and providing you with a secure connection.
Performance and analysis cookies: These are cookies used to provide us with information on the use and performance of our website, enabling us to produce statistics and frequency and use volumes for the various aspects of the website (content visited, path), so that we can improve the relevance and ease of use of our services (the pages or sections accessed most frequently, most popular articles, etc.). Cookies also enable us to count the number of visitors to a page.
Social media cookies: Links for sharing on Facebook, Twitter and other similar social networks allow you to share content with others. When you use these sharing buttons, a third-party cookie is installed. If you are connected to the social network while you are browsing our website, the sharing buttons allow the content you have accessed to be relayed to your user account.
Advertising cookies: These are cookies used to provide you with advertisements relevant to your interests, both on our website and on other websites. In particular, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to aid in assessing the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Cookies do not contain any information enabling you to be identified directly but they do enable us to link personal information collected by other means with data stored in cookies and obtained using cookies.
www.gecina.fr may use information collected using cookies on how you use their website for the following purposes:
• recognising your computer when you access its website;
• tracking you when you browse its website and allowing you to use specific customised functions;
• simplifying use of its website;
• analysing how its website is used;
• offering you customised content.
When you use the www.gecina.fr website, you may also receive third-party cookies. The website may contain cookies from third parties. www.gecina.fr does not accept any liability in relation to cookies from third parties.
Additionally, www.gecina.fr uses Google Analytics to analyse how its website is used. Google Analytics generates statistics and other information on the use of the website with the aid of cookies stored on the user's computer. Google records this data. Google's confidentiality policy is available at: www.google.com/privacypolicy.html.
www.gecina.fr provides a configuration tool for cookies on its website: CLICK HERE TO CONFIGURE COOKIES.
Most browsers also allow the following cookies to be refused:
• Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• Safari™ : docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
• Chrome™ : support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
• Firefox™ : support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
• Opera™ : help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.htmlPlease note however that blocking all cookies may make it more difficult to use the website because you will be unable to use all of its functions.
• For more information on cookies, please go to the CNIL website at: www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/
• For more information on sharing cookies and advertising cookies, please go to the website of the EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau: www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/